RIMTA Spring Meeting
“Something for Everyone”
Thurs., March 28, 2019, 4:00-6:30 p.m.
(registration and social 4:00-4:30)
East Greenwich High School, 300 Avenger Dr., East Greenwich, RI 02818
The Rhode Island Mathematics Teachers Association will proudly hold its Spring Meeting on March 28, 2019 featuring some fascinating breakout sessions (see below), as well as our annual awards presentations, light dinner, networking opportunities, and a book raffle. We hope you will join us!
4:50-5:15 Breakout Session 1
5:20-5:45 Breakout Session 2
5:50-6:30 Light Buffet Dinner, Awards Presentations, Raffle, and Networking
Breakout Session Offerings
Session 1 Offerings, 4:50-5:15
· “Number Line Use with Fractions”, (Gr. 3-5) presented by Dr. Sara Donaldson
· “Learning Mathematics through Movement”, (Gr. 9-12) presented by Nicole Hersey
· “Professional Book Tasting” (Gr. K-12) with Steve Levesque
· “Formative Assessment Using Technology”, (Gr. K-12) presented by Gina Kilday
Session 2 Offerings, 5:20-5:45
· “Why Tricks Are Not for Kids: Uncovering Rules that Expire and Their Impact on Learning”, (Gr. K-2) presented by Dr. Sara Donaldson
· “Open Educational Resources: Illustrative Mathematics”, (Gr. 5-8) presented by Christopher Castillero
· “Leveraging Twitter for Education”, presented by Gina Kilday (Gr. K-12)
· “X Marks the Spot! Treasure Hunts and Escape Boxes in the Math Classroom”, (Gr. 3-12) presented by Steve Levesque
Get all of this for the low registration fee of
$10 for RIMTA members / $15 for non-members!
Space is limited, so register soon.